NEA - Music Video

NEA - Music Video

After viewing several rock music videos I got a grasp of what shots I would need, appropriate costumes, and ideal scenes that would need to be included, in order to make it more realistic and customary to the rock genre.

The song I have chosen for my music video NEA is 'Basket Case' by Green Day, a song which I have enjoyed listening to for a long time, aided more so by the fact that I love Green Day as a band itself.

Basket Case

The lyrics for this song are as follows.

Do you have the time to listen to me whine

About nothing and everything all at once?I am one of thoseMelodramatic foolsNeurotic to the boneNo doubt about it
Sometimes I give myself the creepsSometimes my mind plays tricks on meIt all keeps adding upI think I'm cracking upAm I just paranoid?Or am I just stoned?
I went to a shrinkTo analyze my dreamsShe says it's lack of sex that's bringing me downI went to a whoreHe said my life's a boreSo quit my whining 'cause it's bringing her down
Sometimes I give myself the creepsSometimes my mind plays tricks on meIt all keeps adding upI think I'm cracking upAm I just paranoid?Huh yeah, yeah, yeah(Ooh, ooh)
Grasping to controlSo I better hold on
Sometimes I give myself the creepsSometimes my mind plays tricks on meIt all keeps adding upI think I'm cracking upAm I just paranoid?Or am I just stoned?

Lyrics in bold are lyrics which I have an idea to make scenes / shots about.

Scenes / Shots

Melodramatic fools - This lyric has a lot of potential, and I intend to create a scene about it where I (the main actor) is shown to be standing with the other members of the band. In this case, the band name for my music video will be the Melodramatic fools.

Sometimes I give myself the creeps, sometimes my mind plays tricks on me, am I just paranoid: All of these lyrics can be connotated to signs of a mental breakdown, or onsets of conditions such as schizophrenia. As such, a shot can be made in which I (the main actor) appear to have a continuous breakdown all throughout the video, to represent my condition getting worse, to link it back to the lyrics.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The MCU - Action, Representation and Shang Chi

BTW

Diversity and The Remake